Marat Safin"s Schedule

Jan 10, 2007

AAMI Koonyong Results
庫陽表演賽結果
NOTE: New pics added in Kooyong Press Conference too

  • 2nd MATCH 11.10.07 Marat lost to Roger Federer (SUI) 3.6 6.7(1)
[image]

[image]




[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

記者會
Q. It was a bit windy out there today, Marat. Was that a good test of the serves?
A. Yes, a little bit. Sometimes it was very difficult to serve, so that's why I was missing a lot of first serves, and it was a little bit difficult to compete against him on the baseline.
Q 今天風很大﹐是發球狀態好壞的最佳考驗
MS 是的﹐有點大。有時候真的很難發﹐所以我第一發總發不進﹐跟他在底線纏鬥也比較困難。

Q. When we spoke to Roger, he said that your attacking game had improved. Do you feel that you're playing better now than in 2005?
A. Yes. Well, it took me quite a lot of time to get here, to where I am, and I think I've improved my game a little bit, step by step, for the past year. Wimbledon was pretty tough for me, and with my knee injury, but I'm pretty satisfied with the way my game improved. I can play serve and volley, I can play some different styles, so it helps a lot.
Q ROGER 說你的進攻打法又進步了。
Q 你自己覺得現在比05年打得還好嗎
MS 是阿﹐嗯﹐可是費了一番功夫才到今天的﹐能打出現在的樣子﹐我認為自己一步步在提昇﹐過去一年﹐溫網讓我吃足苦頭﹐之後又是膝傷困擾﹐所以對於自己進步的程度很開心滿意。我能發球上網﹐打一些變化的節奏﹐這樣的突破對未來有幫助

Q. It's always a good match-up when you play Roger, it's always a nice match to watch from the outside. Although he's a very difficult opponent, do you enjoy to play against him?
A. Yes, I really enjoy it. It's a big challenge for me, it's a completely different style game, compared to other players, and for me it's a huge challenge. I always enjoy it, even though I didn't beat him many times, but I was very close on a few of them. And my next few years that I'm playing here, I would love to break him a little bit and take advantage of that, when we have been playing for a long time, to beat him a few times.
Q 你跟ROGER 的比賽總是很精典﹐從場外看更是好看。自然他是位可怕的對手﹐你喜歡跟他比賽嗎
MS 我真的很享受跟ROGER打球﹐很有挑戰性﹐跟其他球員比起來﹐是完全不同的戰術與風格﹐所以是個大挑戰。雖然我大部分都輸球﹐我還是很享受的﹐有幾次的比分更是十分接近。未來幾年若跟他對打﹐我希望能破發多一點﹐占一些上風來打敗他。

Q. You are always capable of beating him, but do you think that's mentally good for you, to know that some players seem to go to matches with him knowing it will be very hard, but you seem to
A. No, even though he's tough, I like to play against him. I just -- you need to get used to the pace of his ball, and then to play a little bit more and more. And I think whenever I have an opportunity I will definitely -- it's a bit tough for him to beat me, and I will try to -- not to break myself any more and not have any more injuries, because that's why it's difficult to catch up with him, when you are coming out from an injury.
Q 你一直是有實力擊敗他的﹐難道你不認為相對於其他球員只要想到對手是ROGER 就束手無策的窘境﹐對你的心理健設是很有益處的﹐但你似乎總是.....
MS 不﹐雖然他很強勢﹐我還是喜歡跟他比賽。我只是--不過你得要適應他的節奏﹐然後漸漸地進攻。而我自己也覺得當我有進攻機會時一定會善加利用﹐那時他要打贏我就難了﹐我試著--不要再BREAK 我自己﹐不要再受傷﹐因為一旦受傷離開太久再復出的話﹐要跟上他就不容易了。

Q. Do you prefer a shorter season or the same season going along?
A. The same season. But I guess I will be playing a little bit less this year, and then I have no other choice than just to continue, and I guess I'll rest somewhere in between, take a few weeks in summer.
Q 你喜歡短一點的賽季﹐同一個賽季進行
MS 同一個賽季。但我想我今年會少參加一些比賽﹐那麼我也別無選擇要堅持下去了﹐在比賽間試著休養生息﹐夏天時休息幾個禮拜。

Q. What did you do this summer? A. Well, I had one week off, and then went to Spain to practise a little bit.
Q 你今年夏天做了什麼
MS 嗯﹐我休假一個星期﹐然後到西班牙練習。

Q. Do you have any concrete goals for next season, like the whole season (inaudible) ... A. Well, I think my position has changed, and I hope I still keep myself healthy, because for the past four years, I have been injured two of them, and it's difficult all the time to try to come back and try to recover, and to get back where I was, and get back in shape. And also, with the knee injury, whatever happens to your legs, it's quite difficult to start to move the same speed, the same pace, without having in the back of my head that I can run without any problems. So it's kind of tough, and hopefully -- I've been playing pretty well the last four months, to continue this way this year, it will be a big, big difference for 2008, because I've been playing continuously without any injuries for over half a year, seven months.
Q 這個賽季你有具體的目標要達成嗎
MS 嗯﹐我的排名變了﹐我希望能維持健健康康的﹐過去四年我就傷病兩年﹐復出後要回復原來的狀態﹐原來的實力是多困難的工程﹔尤其是膝傷﹐當腳部有傷時﹐你心裡有疙瘩﹐奔跑﹑移位的速度就受到影響了。所以真的很艱難的呀﹐過去四個月我感覺很好﹐希望今年能這樣維持下去﹐那麼2008年就會有很有的改變﹐因為我能無傷病地在球場活躍超過半年-七個月。(MARAT講話是有重點﹐但有時會重覆又回頭再講....)
Q. You said before that you're trying not to break yourself any more. Could you be more specific on that? A. I mean not to get injured.Q你說你試著不BREAK自己﹐是什麼意思
MS 我是指不要再受傷了

Q. Hopefully
. A. Hopefully, because you never know. That's why I said I would play a little bit less tournaments and concentrate just on the big ones. And now I'm travelling since a year with a doctor watching out for me, and after a certain age you need to do that.
Q 希望是這樣呀
MS 是阿﹐因為世事難料嘛。這也是為什麼我說今年要少打一些比賽﹐專注在大比賽上面。至今我已有一年巡迴時有醫師照護﹐當你年紀有一把時﹐這是必要的。

Q. Do you feel like your game is at a stage where you can really challenge in the Australian Open, or do you think you've got a little bit left to go? A. Well, you cannot improve anything in the next four days, so I guess I am where I am right now, and I'm pretty satisfied. Today I played a pretty good match, and for me it's like a really big -- like, to see myself where I am right now. I was a break up in the second set and I was very close to winning the second one. So if I can compete on the same level with Federer, it means that you are in good shape. And then also another thing is just it's very important to have a good draw the first few rounds, and then you get the confidence, and you can continue in the second week or somewhere there.
Q 你覺得現在的狀態能真正挑戰澳網嗎﹐或者還有需要改進的地方
MS 未來四年都不可能再進步什麼了﹐所以大概就是這樣的狀態﹐我自己也挺滿意的。今天我打得很好﹐對我來說是個很大的測試﹐測試自己目前的競爭力。第二盤我是率先破發的﹐差點就拿下那一盤。因此﹐如果我能在同一個層次跟ROGER 競爭﹐表示你的狀態很好。當然很重要的是﹐前幾輪能有個好簽﹐那麼自信就慢慢累積﹐這樣就可以順利挺進第二周了﹐甚或更好的成績。

Q. Was it just a mental lapse there in the second set when you got a break up?
A. It kind of started to be a little bit windy and I missed – I couldn't serve for the first serve, and he played quite good shots, and I missed one backhand, and that's it, it was gone. So there was nothing really -- nothing scares me. And if I can continue this way, I think, if we're going to meet somewhere in the Australian Open, I think it's going to be a tough match.

Q 你先破發ROGER 後﹐是不是心裡上有點大意了
MS 風開始大起來了﹐我便-我一發老進不了﹐而他打了幾個好球﹐我卻反手失誤﹐就這樣丟分了。所以﹐沒有什麼大不了的問題﹐我不是太介意。如果我能保持目前的狀態﹐我想﹐假如澳網再度相遇﹐將會是另一場精典激戰的。


  • 1st MATCH : Marat bt David Nalbandian(ARG) 5.7 6.1 6.2
Thursday 11.10.07 Marat plays Roger Federer (SUI) 2nd on Court approx 13.00 Melbourne time (approx 3am GMT)

[image]



[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]
[image]


[image]
[image]

[image]

[image]
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Kooyong Lawn Tennis Club
Wednesday, 10 January 2007
Interview with MARAT SAFIN after beating Nalby

第一場記者會 VS 納班

____________________________________________________________________
Q. How did you rate that first match of the year?
A. Quite well. It was a little bit strange feeling because I've been practising on the inside courts at Rod Laver, and the weather was kind of a little bit too windy for me today, the first set, and then I got used to it a little bit and started to play better. I'm satisfied with the way I'm moving, the way I'm playing, so hopefully it will only get better.
Q
今天的比賽你自己評價如何

MS 很好。剛開始感覺不太習慣﹐因為我一直在澳網球場練習﹐而第一盤時風勢有點大﹐之後我開始適應﹐越打越好。我對自己的移位和打法都很滿意﹐希望以後會漸入佳境。


Q. Physically, are you feeling good after not having much of a break in the off season?
A. Yeah, it's okay. I will play this year a little bit less than last year, so I have to use the opportunities when I have been playing. And I finished the year quite late. I used all the matches I have been playing in the past three months to my advantage, in order to play well here, so I have a lot of matches behind my back, so hopefully it will help me.
Q
因為去年下半賽季休息不多﹐生理上你覺得還可以嗎

MS 是的﹐OK。今年我會安排較少賽事﹐因此每場比賽更形重要都要保握機會。去年我賽季結束地晚﹐最後三個月我盡可能排滿賽程打球﹐期望到這裡來時能有好的表現﹐所以我累積了不少經驗﹐希望能對我有幫助囉。


Q. You usually play well in January. Why do you think that is?
A. I kind of like the surface, because it's really fast, a pretty high bounce. I always played well at the end of the season, and also it gives me some confidence for the beginning of the year.
Q
你一月通常都表現地很好。你自己知道為什麼嗎

MS 我似乎蠻喜歡這種場地的﹐它不僅快且彈跳高﹔另外我年末也通常都打得很好﹐因此能帶著自信參加年初比賽。


Q. In terms of how warm it was out there today, is that an ideal preparation? Do you need that to get ready for the next two weeks, in terms of how hot it was outside?
A. Today, the first two games was a little bit tough, but then you start to get used to it. The body started to warm up pretty fast, but then it was okay. I don't really sweat a lot. It's hot but it's not humid, so it's kind of easy to play in such weather.
Q
今天比賽炎熱的程度﹐對你的訓練而言算理想的天候嗎? 你需要多多在室外練習﹐以適應未來兩周的比賽嗎

MS 今天前兩局是有點糟﹐但一下子就適應了。生理上馬上熱身柔軟﹐之後就沒什麼問題。我也沒流太多汗。今天是很熱﹐但不悶﹐打起來很輕鬆的。


Q. How good is it to be back?
A. Quite good to be healthy.
Q
復出的感覺怎樣

MS 健健康康地就很棒了


Q. Do you enjoy Australia?
A. Yes, of course. I missed last year and, like I said before, I used to play really well here, and I missed last year. And then, after Australia, normally I get my confidence back and I start to play much better. And then towards the end of the season I start to play just my -- all the points I start to get after August, and then finishing after Australia, normally I don't win a lot of matches, but at least this gives me the opportunity to take a lot of points and then not be running around and playing in small tournaments to get the points. So it's kind of a big jump for me, this tournament, and I missed it not to be here last year.
Q
你還喜歡澳洲嗎

MS 當然﹐去年我不能參加﹐就像之前提過的﹐在這裡我都表現地很好﹐但去年卻無法過來。澳網過後﹐一般而言我的自信都會提昇很多﹐開始越打越好﹔最後在每年賽季末﹐我開始累積澳網後的積分﹐因為澳網之後通常我就比較少拿到什麼獎杯了﹐但至少澳網的積分已經不少﹐所以不需疲於奔命地參加大小賽事來保分。所以澳網是我的重要跳板﹐而我去年就痛失了這個機會。


Q. Your rematch with Roger Federer tomorrow, bearing in mind what a classic match you had in 2005, how do you feel about it?
A. It took me by surprise, I didn't know I had to play against him tomorrow. I think it's going to be great, a great match, great preparation, and hopefully I will enjoy it.
Q
明天你將再度與ROGER 比賽﹐ 猶記2005年那場精典對決﹐你現在有何想法

MS 我自己都蠻訝異的﹐本來都不曉得明天就要跟他比賽了。我想會是一場激戰﹐精彩的比賽﹐很好澳網熱身準備﹐我希望自己能享受其中。


Q. Do you expect to play him in the Australian Open?
A. Well, it's a long way to go, and I hope I can make a good match tomorrow. And then I will see what situation he's in right now and where I am.

Q 你想過今年澳網還會跟他對決嗎

MS 嗯﹐想那些實在太遠了﹐只希望明天我能打出自己的節奏﹐那麼我就多少瞭解彼此的狀態了。

No comments: