Marat Safin"s Schedule

May 18, 2008

BIG NEWS: World No. 1 Justine Henin Abruptly Retires
Press Conference ,May 14, 2008
世界女單第一海寧毅然宣布退休

Justine Henin announcing her retirement from tennis

Justine Henin surprised the tennis world by announcing her retirement from the sport on Wednesday, totally unexpectedly for basically everyone. Today, Henin’s official website published the full version of the Belgian's speech at the press conference, so far we only had excerpts.

"It's a great day in my life, I believe that you can call it that. I'm here today to announce to you that I am putting a definitive end to my tennis career. I know that it is a shock for many people and a surprise, but for me it's decision I've thought about for sometime now. It is not a decision which I made because of a simple defeat in Berlin. I've thought about it in my head for sometime, for a few months already, since the latter month of 2007. It's an end to a beautiful adventure.

這真是我生命中很棒的一天,你們可以這麼說的。此刻我要向各位宣布我決定從職業網壇退休。我清楚對很多人來說這是一個很大的震撼與驚訝,然而這卻是我考慮好一陣子所下的決定,這決定的原因絕不是單純柏林公開賽的挫敗所導致,從2007年底至今,我已經思考好幾個月了。總的來說,一場美麗的冒險歷程終於在此時要畫下句點。

Justine Henin retiresPerhaps, people will think that I am still young, but there are no rules. I invested enormously in my sport, since the age of five. I always lived for tennis, and it's without regret because I lived emotions which I will never forget. Images engraved in my heart and my memory, and I am sure it's in the heart and the memory of many of you too. Today a page has turned.

也許很多人會認為我還年輕,不過,生命沒有任何定律。從五歲開始,我為這項運動投注了大半的歲月,因此我沒有後悔,我胸中滿懷所有難忘的情感,那些印象都將深深刻畫在我的心底和回憶裡,相信對大家也是一樣的。今天,生命的樂章將開啟另外一頁。

I don't feel sadness, but rather a delivery, a relief, a glance towards the future. I always seek to build and change, and not only by tennis. I believe that tennis gave me many beautiful things, but I want to do it by returning to the essentials. I based my life on the relationships, the love and all that I could give to tennis. But I couldn't manage to express it anymore these past months. I thought about it a lot. I made this decision by myself in my little corner, with the support of my family, off course. But I wanted to make the decision for me. I am very, very proud. You need courage to arrive at this conclusion.

我不感覺悲傷,反倒是釋放、解脫,現在我可以描繪未來的願景。我始終在打造自我、求新求變,不限在網球裡。網球給了我太多,而我想回到一些基礎的東西來回饋我的感激。從開始至今,我的生活建立在對於網球的熱愛及全然的投入,可是過去幾個月我無法再表達出這樣的激情了,因此我開始反省。獨處時我自己作出了這個決定,當然,也得到家人的支持。但,這抉擇是為自己而作的。我非常非常自豪,畢竟作這樣的決定需要極大的勇氣。

Justine Henin announces retirement at a press conference

I felt that six months or even one year later I would have a harsh bitter taste if I continued, and that things won't get better than what happened these last few months. But today, I can speak about my sport, all that I lived with a smile, very beautiful things happened and they are in my heart. I have a desire to create new things. The future for me is to live with my decision, and to realize my new goals. To assume it and breathe again.

我覺得半年或一年後,如果持續比賽的話我會嘗到苦果,情勢相較於過去幾個月不會比較樂觀。然而今天,我可以帶著笑容暢談自己的運動,我的職業生涯,所有美麗的經驗,他們將永遠烙印在我心深處。我渴望開創新的人生,未來對我來說是堅持自己的決定並實現新的目標,設定一切,自由呼吸。

There are no bad things ahead for me. I feel that I have the qualities and capacities, to communicate and raise many new projects. I'm sure I will see things much more clearly when the time comes. The first is my Foundation. It's really very important for me to be able to continue to help these children, to live precious moments with them. To continue to give them a chance to dream. We're here at my home. Right in my tennis academy. This is something which I will continue to support, off course with Carlos. He'll be stronger and valuable here. I have confidence in other future projects. There are peak performance workshops and seminars with Carlos and Nexum/Nexp in the area of human resources.

在我眼前看不到阻礙,我認為自己有潛質與能力去完成新的計畫,也隨著時間我必定能更清晰地觀視一切。第一個是我的基金會,能夠繼續幫助這些小孩與跟他們同喜悲對我而言意義重大,這給他們有機會去逐夢。在我的家,即我的網球學院裡,我和Carlos會不斷努力經營,有工作坊、研討會及人力資源NEXUM/NEXP 等計畫陸續在進行中。

Justine Henin announces retirement at a press conferenceOff course, there are gratitudes to give. The first of which is to Carlos - I say thank. You are once more at my side. It's 12 years together that we lived, and you held me up. 12 years to believe in me. You never abandoned me. He was always very discrete and standing in the shadows when I won because he didn't want to intrude on my family and friends. But at other times, the difficult moments he made his presence known. He always respected me, and I must say since last week Thursday he still impresses me. The calm and patience he gave me. The incredible amount of support. I know he will always be strong and at my side. I am really very proud of this because tennis is a solo sport. It is undoubtedly my more exquisite thing of pride - the human adventure that I lived with him. And I believe that if Carlos had said to me one day, "Ju for family reasons or some other reason. Please don't feel obligated. You can let me go". It was obvious to me that we would still continue as a team even if my tennis career stopped. We're powerful together, and this is why it worked so well.

當然我心中有太多感謝,首先對於 Carlos,我誠摯地向你表達感恩,你還是一如以往地支持著我。我們共同努力了12年,是你造就了今日的我,12年來你一直相信我,不離不棄。當我贏球時,他總是靜靜地站在一旁,深怕打擾了我的家庭和朋友 ; 但在困難時刻,他卻不管一切為我挺身而出。他始終尊重我,甚至直至上星期四他的冷靜和耐心及無怨的支持還是那麼令我感動,我知道他永遠會是我重要的支柱。對於這點我感到無上光榮,因為網球一直是"孤單"的運動,無庸置疑地我跟Carlos共同經營的網壇之旅,是我個人特別感到驕傲的事。而我也相信,如果有一天Carlos告訴我" Ju 假若因為家庭或其他因素,請不要有壓力,就讓我離開吧"。非常確定的,即便我告別網壇,我們還會合作下去,我們總是能爆發出驚人的力量,這也是為何我們能有今日的成就。

Our relationship was much bigger than coach and a player. We passed all the tests, but from now on it will be different, it will be more beautiful. I'm grateful to his family - his wife and children who will get more of their father. And the thought of this makes me smile today. It's also a relief to know there won't be these difficult moments, these separations. They really have a big place in my heart.

我們的關係遠勝過單純的教練跟球員,我們一起走過風風雨雨和試煉,但今後會進入另一個更美麗的層次。對於他的家庭我有說不出的感激,從今之後,他跟太太和小孩有更多時間相聚,想像這樣的畫面讓我不由得開心、微笑。我也終於能鬆下一口氣,他們一家人終於不用再承受別離和相思的痛苦,他們在我心中的地位是這麼重要。

I would like to, off course, thank my family - my parents, Dad, Mom, because I'm here today only because of you. Everything is fine thanks to you. My brothers and sister too. I have to admit that my role as older sister makes me very happy. There are great things which await us. My friends here today. It was great spending time with you and I'm sure there's more ahead for us, bigger things, more honest and stronger. My Godmother is here. Gene, thank you for your role in my life it was very important. My staff obviously. You can only build something large with a faithful team. And they were always available and believed in me. Thank you for being there. It wasn't an individual sport, but a team sport.

同時我也感謝我的家人,我的雙親,爸爸、媽媽,因為你們今天我才能站在這裡,所有事情都順利進行著,謝謝你們。還有我的兄弟姊妹們,我想告訴你們身為大姊我非常幸福,未來我們會更好。另外,我的朋友們,跟你們共同留下了太多美好的回憶,我深信有許多事情等著我們繼續攜手前進,我們的友誼將更誠摯、堅不可摧。我的義母也在此,Gene,謝謝你在我生命扮演如此重要的角色。也感謝我的工作伙伴們,你們是堅貞互信的團隊,因為你們我得已在網球舞台上盡情揮灑。他們總是在我身邊,永遠抱持信心,謝謝你們,這不是我一個人的運動,而是一個偉大的團隊運動。

Thank You to all my sponsors, the current ones and those from the very beginning because without people who believe - you cannot get there. Thank You to the AFT, the WTA, the COIB and all the people who counted on me.

在此也感謝曾經合作的所有贊助商,包含現任的,及一剛開始就合作的,若非因為你們相信我的能力,我不可能走到今日。謝謝 AFT, WTA及 COIB 及所有信任我的人。

Thank You to all my fans. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to give them excitement. I hope I brought a little sunshine in their lives. We spent such great moments together. I hope that everyone can understand and that everyone will support me in the beginning of this new life…

最後,謝謝我的球迷們,很高興能有機會給你們興奮和快樂,也希望我曾經在各位的生命裡帶來陽光,我們一起度過了許多難忘又珍貴的時光。我衷心期盼大家能理解並為我的新生活加油...

Thank you very much." (photos via Tennis Forum)

非常謝謝大家。

No comments: